Remote anywhere in the US
Better Collective, the home of the Action Network, VegasInsider and Rotogrinders, is searching for a motivated and analytically curious data analyst to join our Commercial Analytics team.
Better Collective is a leading iGaming media group that improves the sports betting & gaming experience for bettors across the world. We create a transparent and safe betting environment through innovative technologies and trusted platforms.
The Data Analyst, Commercial Operations, will be responsible for maintaining and optimizing data from affiliate partners to provide our US Commercial team with the insights needed to support business development and maximize revenue growth. The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative skills, a desire to learn, and impeccable attention to detail. Reporting to the Director of Commercial Analytics, this role will also be expected to effectively communicate with business partners and data engineers. For this reason, the ability to translate business needs into technical requirements is necessary. Success in this role is highly dependent on the ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize multiple tasks and achieve effective results in a high-energy, fast-paced work environment.
- Serve as a liaison between commercial operations and data engineering
- Create tickets in Jira and monitor progress for new data pipelines whenever new affiliate partners are on-boarded
- Update and maintain metadata tables in our Redshift database as business needs change and evolve
- Perform ad-hoc audits to ensure all commercial data is accurate and up-to-date
- Streamline processes and improve speed and quality of reporting via automation
- Provide strategic analysis and insights to understand key drivers of business performance, inform business strategy, and influence operational decision-making
- Create and maintain reporting processes visible to group-wide teams and align results with performance forecasts
- 1+ years of experience working in a data-heavy role
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (data science, computer engineering, business analytics, economics, mathematics, statistics, etc.)
- Inherent curiosity
- Experience in SQL and an understanding of database design
- Experience with a data visualization tool (Tableau and Google Data Studio preferred)
- Experience with Python/R or another statistical programming language preferred
- Experience with Jira, Github, or Airflow is a nice bonus
- Proven ability to tell stories with data and communicate with stakeholders who are diverse in level, background, and technical expertise
- Ability to self-direct, manage tight deadlines, and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail
- Knowledge and passion for the sports betting industry a plus
The company offers a competitive health insurance package with great benefits, including unlimited vacation and a competitive 401k Plan. The benefits plan presently includes Medical, Dental, Vision coverage, Supplemental life insurance, and Long / Short-term disability coverage.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the community.